Hoe bacterien & virussen zich verspreiden (in het Engels)
Ever wondered why we catch colds or why we can't avoid germs, no matter how hard we try?
That's because germs are everywhere!
They can be found in the air, on every surface and also in our bodies.
It comes as no surprise that 80% of infections are spread through touch - anything from touching a germ-ridden surface to coughing or sneezing and not washing your hands straight away can then lead to germ particles on to your hands. Those germs are then transferred into your body through touching your face or food.
Did you know that there are 4 main types of germs?
So how do we protect ourselves against germs that seem to be everywhere?
We've put together our top 5 tips to help you avoid those pesky germs.
1. Good general hygiene means always remembering to wash your hands
- Before & after eating
- After touching animals
- After using a restroom
- After coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose.
2. Avoid touching your face
- You can transfer germs from the surfaces you’ve touched, into your body and through your eyes, nose and mouth.
3. Avoid excessive contact with ill people
- If you’re taking care of an ill loved one, ensure you are taking time to fully wash your hands often.
- If you are ill, remain home from work/school to ensure that you don't pass those germs along.
4. Disinfect common areas each day
- Keep areas used for food preparation clean and disinfected before and after cooking and eating.
- Clean and disinfect doorknobs etc after someone in the house has been ill and may have touched them.
5. Support and boost your immune system!
- One of the most important vitamins for your immune system is Vitamin C.
The immune system is the body's most important natural defense against germs. It fights off bacteria and viruses to keep you healthy, so be sure to always take care you make sure that your immune system is as strong as it can be. Especially over the winter months.
How to strengthen and boost your immune system:
- Healthy Diet - this includes staying on top your of C and D Vitamins
- Adequate sleep (8 hours)
- Minimise stress
- Drink lots of water
Feel like you need a vitamin C boost? Why not try TEA+ Vitamin C Vitamin Tea!